Cost: £750 per person. Fully funded places available for staff working in small organisations (find out more)
Duration: three days
- Day 1: Wednesday 24 January 2024 (in person only)
- Day 2: Thursday 25 January 2024 (in person only)
- Day 3: Tuesday 16 April 2024 (in person or hybrid options available)
- Days 1 and 2: The Bluecoat, School Lane, Liverpool, L1 3BX
- Day 3: Management School, Chatham St, Liverpool L69 7ZH
The Centre for Sustainable Business has created the ultimate programme to empower and grow the sustainability leaders of the future, where you will discover how your organisation can benefit from future thinking to create sustainable opportunities.
‘Shaping Sustainable Futures’ is a three-day thought-provoking programme designed to enhance your strategic approach to sustainability and will help you to reimagine how organisations can shape a better future.
Through a series of interactive sessions, the use of contrasting future viewpoints will encourage you to think holistically and systemically over longer time frames, enabling you to anticipate multiple plausible futures to support an actionable path to shaping preferable futures.
Our team of specialist researchers and industry experts will share insights and evidence to challenge assumptions, reveal blindspots in attention, provoke debate and inspire action.
Our holistic approach to sustainability means our programme is open to people in organisations of all sizes and sectors, and it will help you develop a future oriented perspective for your business.
By joining the ‘Shaping Sustainable Futures’ programme you will become part of a community of like-minded individuals who share a strategic mindset that strives for a more sustainable future for businesses and societyProfessor Jo Meehan, Director of the Centre for Sustainable Business
Who is the programme for?
If you are a decision maker who holds a sustainability-related role or can influence your organisation’s approach to sustainability, this programme is specifically designed for you.
What you can expect
- Discover how sustainability will impact all our futures and uncover possible implications for your organisation
- Facilitated group exploration and experimentation with a range of alternative future scenarios to test the assumptions of your organisation’s sustainability strategy
- Insights from industry experts and world leading researchers that will challenge and inform your organisation’s sustainability journey
- Develop a futures thinking skillset for organisational foresight and resilience, that will enable actionable strategic planning
- Develop a framework for engagement to grow your impact
- Be part of a collective network of pioneering sustainability leaders
DAYS 1 AND 2 - In person
Over two consecutive days we experiment with ‘futures thinking’ tools and approaches to collectively reimagine how organisations can shape sustainable outcomes.
Our experts will provide evidence and insights, from which we will create, explore and debate a series of plausible future scenarios.
DAY 3 - Hybrid
We reconvene for Day 3 of the programme to share everyone’s progress, experience, and plans for shaping a preferable future.
This provides the opportunity and space to share, reflect, and learn from your peers, by exploring key questions about your sustainability journey:
- What went well?
- What practical tips can you share?
- What is proving difficult to overcome?
We offer a limited amount of fully funded places available for staff working in micro and small businesses (up to 20 staff) which have been successfully trading for at least one year.
Fully funded places will cover*:
- Programme fees
- Lunch for in-person session
- Tell us about your organisation and your role
- Include a short paragraph on current sustainable practices, what your future plans and how you believe the workshop could help support achieving your goals
Closing date: 30 November 2023
Confirmation: your application will be panel reviewed and you will be notified with the outcome of your application by Friday 15 December 2023
*Please, be aware these bursaries DO NOT cover accommodation or travel costs.
Get in touch
- For general queries about the programme, please contact Iona Thomson - I.L.Thomson@liverpool.ac.uk
- For information about accomodation in Liverpool, please contact Denise Wright - Denise.Wright@liverpool.ac.uk
- For questions about the Centre for Sustainable Business, please send an email to email@example.com
Back to: Management School