The ULMS Extra programme provides students with an opportunity to improve and enhance their employability skills and prospects, develop better business and customer awareness and improve communication and problem solving skills.
Sessions on offer include employer-led presentations, graduate schemes/internship information sessions, mock assessment centres and interviews, business games, workshops, guidance on postgraduate study and the application process, study skills support and cultural awareness courses.
Recent guest speakers have included:
- Michael Marsh, Senior Technical Specialist at Bank of England
- Kimberley Duffield, Marketing Executive at Kia
- Niall Young, Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Jon Kempster, Chief Financing Officer at Sports Direct
- Stephanie Wright, Talent Executive at The HUT Group
- David Owen, Head of Procurement at Bilfinger
- Jennifer Davies, Director at Nabil Nayal (alumni)
- Jamie New, Resourcing Advisor at Grant Thornton
It was really useful to see how our classroom learning is applied in a real-life context, in addition to learning how not everything goes to plan, not everything is a 'textbook' answer and that we must be ready for change / ready to adapt / ready to challenge the status quo - this is stressed in our lectures but it was useful to have this reinforced by someone working in the field
The real world scenarios not only made the session more engaging and memorable, but it helped me to understand how crucial strategic marketing is for a business
Back to: Management School