Four key areas of ULMS Extra:
- Your Next Steps
- Business Skills
- Brand You
- Academic Masterclasses.
Sessions on offer include:
- employer-led presentations
- alumni Q&A panels
- graduate schemes/placement information sessions
- practical workshops – business skills
- guidance on postgraduate study and the application process
- study skills support
- cultural awareness courses
- off-campus visits/wellbeing walks.
Recent guest speakers have included:
- Tony Pepper, CEO and co-founder of Egress Technologies
- Steve Gibbons, Director at JUST SMG Ltd
- Jamie Bettles, Managing Director at Pagoda Projects
- Ghazal Vahed, New Partnerships Manager at Too Good To Go.
ULMS Extra is timetabled every Tuesday afternoon during term time from 1-3pm – details of sessions and registration links will be updated weekly on the ULMS Extra Canvas page.
"It was really useful to see how our classroom learning is applied in a real-life context, in addition to learning how not everything goes to plan, not everything is a 'textbook' answer and that we must be ready for change / ready to adapt / ready to challenge the status quo - this is stressed in our lectures but it was useful to have this reinforced by someone working in the field."
"The real world scenarios not only made the session more engaging and memorable, but it helped me to understand how crucial strategic marketing is for a business."
"My experience joining the ULMS extra sessions has been very beneficial and I have gained a lot of information about different companies which I would not have if I hadn’t attended."
"I participated in a range of events hosted last semester. There were some great sessions and opportunities to connect with employees from a number of companies, enhancing my commercial awareness. It was also inspiring to hear previous graduates’ stories regarding their employment journey and experience. Overall, these sessions were helpful and I would definitely recommend other students to get involved."
Back to: Management School