The ULMS Extra programme provides students with an opportunity to improve and enhance their employability skills and prospects, develop better business and customer awareness and improve communication and problem solving skills.
Sessions on offer include employer-led presentations, graduate schemes/internship information sessions, mock assessment centres and interviews, business games, workshops, guidance on postgraduate study and the application process, study skills support and cultural awareness courses.
Recent guest speakers have included:
- Michael Marsh, Senior Technical Specialist at Bank of England
- Kimberley Duffield, Marketing Executive at Kia
- Niall Young, Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Jon Kempster, Chief Financing Officer at Sports Direct
- Stephanie Wright, Talent Executive at The HUT Group
- David Owen, Head of Procurement at Bilfinger
- Jennifer Davies, Director at Nabil Nayal (alumni)
- Jamie New, Resourcing Advisor at Grant Thornton