Visas and immigration

Advice on visas, travelling during your studies, and visits to the UK by family members.

A guide for those studying at the University of Liverpool who hold a visa for the UK. Download a copy of the Student Guide for UK Visa Holders (2023) [pdf].

Student visa

Your student visa

Applying for a student visa and the conditions attached to your visa.

Visas for working in the UK

Working in the UK

Advice on working in the UK after your studies.

EU Settlement Scheme

EU settlement scheme

EU, EEA or Swiss citizens can apply to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Visiting Europe

Visiting Europe

Visa arrangements for visiting Europe for leisure while studying in the UK.

Family members

Family visa

Information about which family members can join a Tier 4 (General) / Student visa holder in the UK, and how to apply from outside the UK.

Applying for a Standard Visitor visa

Standard Visitor visa

Find out how a Standard Visitor visa can be used for short periods of study, of six months or less, or for friends and family visiting you in Liverpool.

Provision of immigration advice

Provision of immigration advice

Information about the advice offered by the International Advice and Guidance team.

Welcome Week

Welcome week

Presentations and events to help you adjust to your new life and encourage you to meet new people.


Under 18s

Important information for accommodation and guardianship checks for under 18 year olds joining the University.