A 3-day online Festival of Ethnography.
The aim of the Ethnography symposium has always been to build a community of ethnographers to support and encourage each other and this year it was perhaps more important that we gather as a community of ethnographers, even if not in Ipswich as planned.
Over the three days, we hosted:
- Networking events, perhaps particularly for doctoral and early career researchers engaging with ethnography and themed around the research journey for those starting out, engaging with ethical review, in the field or analysing their data.
- Webinars lead by researchers on themes to be announced.
- Shorter presentations of your research that will be the spark for more connections and conversations.
- A writing workshop with editors from the Journal of Organizational Ethnography
- Social events – some might even be ‘in person’ at regional locations if the pandemic allows.
- Virtual writing retreats organised in clusters and emerging from the networking and themed forums.
You can watch recordings of the keynote speaker sessions below.
Jenny Thatcher - Pandemic Pint: A participant observation of a public house during a global pandemic
Robert Kozinets - Netnography for the COVID age
Back to: Management School