The Use of Social Media in Operations and Supply Chain Management
In line with the special issue of International Journal of Operations and Production Management (IJOPM) on the use of social media in operations and supply chain management (OSCM), a workshop on the same theme is being held on 21-22 March 2019.
Thursday, 21 March 2019 - Friday, 22 March 2019
Thornton Room, Foresight Centre, University of Liverpool, 1 Brownlow St, Liverpool L69 3GL
All event enquiries can be sent to email@example.com
Professor T. C. E. Cheng (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
Dr Hugo K. S. Lam (University of Liverpool)
Professor Andrew C. Lyons (University of Liverpool)
Professor Andy C. L. Yeung (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
This workshop will provide a good opportunity for researchers to present their relevant works, to seek advice from the guest editors of IJOPM’s special issue, and to meet and discuss with other researchers with similar research interests, and highlights will include:
- Presentation delivered by IJOPM’s Editor-in-Chief about how to publish in IJOPM
- Panel discussion hosted by IJOPM’s Guest Editors focused on the IJOPM special issue
- Keynote speeches given by outstanding researchers whose social media papers have been published in FT50 business journals ranging from information systems to marketing such as Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Management Science, and Marketing Science
- 20+ parallel presentations delivered by social media researchers from around the world covering various topics ranging from disaster and healthcare management to new product development and innovation management.
No registration fee is needed for attending the workshop, but authors should be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. It should also be noted that submitting abstracts to the workshop and submitting papers to IJOPM’s special issue are independent activities; authors do not have to attend the workshop in order to submit their papers to the special issue.
Call for Abstracts (Workshop)
This workshop welcomes submissions on any topics related to the use of social media in OSCM. Sample topics include, but are not limited to:
- The drivers for individuals, firms, and/or supply chains to use social media in OSCM
- The impacts of using social media in OSCM on the performance of individuals, firms, and/or supply chains
- The unintended or unanticipated consequences of using social media in OSCM
- The application of multiple theories or the development of new theoretical perspectives to explain the use of social media in OSCM
- Multi-level analysis of the use of social media in OSCM (e.g., individual, team, firm, supply chain, industry)
- Risks associated with using social media in OSCM and the strategies to address such risks
- Ethical and governance issues related to the use of social media in OSCM
- The dark sides of using social media in OSCM
- The use of social media for new product development and innovation management
- Behavioural dynamics among employees, buyers, suppliers, and/or other parties involved in using social media for OSCM
- The integration of social media with firms’ existing OSCM systems such as ERP, CRM, and SCM systems
- Approaches to leverage social media data to inform OSCM decisions such as demand forecasting and inventory management.
Abstract submission closed on 31 December 2018. All authors should receive decisions on their submitted abstracts no later than 10 January 2019.