On the test day
Test day structure: IELTS on paper test
- Test venue open from 8:15a.m.
- Registration 8:30a.m. - 9:30a.m. – test takers arriving after this time may not be permitted to take the test (with no refund).
- Listening, reading, and writing sections 10:00a.m. - 1:00p.m. (no breaks).
- Leave the venue with your ID and personal belongings.
- Return with your ID 60 minutes before your speaking interview – a 20 minute slot.
Once registered, test takers cannot leave the building until the listening, reading and writing sections are complete.
Test takers will have fingerprints scanned and photographs taken as part of the registration process. During the taking of photographs test takers must adhere to normal passport criteria - remove spectacles; hair removed from face; eyes face forward; no smiling.
Test day structure: IELTS on computer test
Because the venue and start times vary from test to test, detailed instructions will be emailed to you at least five working days before the test. It is a good idea to clear your diary for the day, ensuring you have no other commitments.
Absence on test day
If you are ill on the test day, please email to inform us of your absence on the day. You must send us an original medical certificate (covering the test date) within five working days of the test date. If we do not receive the document within the deadline, you are marked absent and forfeit all claims.
During the IELTS test
To visit the bathroom during the test, raise your hand to attract the attention of an invigilator. Please do not disturb other test takers. Remain in your seat until the invigilator gives you permission to leave the room.
During the listening test, check that you can hear the audio clearly. Raise your hand immediately to inform an invigilator if you cannot hear the recording.