As an Architecture student, you’ll be part of the School of the Arts, home to a wider community of scholars from five different disciplines. We are sure you will be inspired by and benefit from the breadth and vitality within the School of the Arts, with world-class teaching and in-depth specialist expertise available to you. The School also has a dedicated Student Support Centre who will help through your time at University, more details of which you can find below.
Your Welcome Pack (which you will receive shortly if you haven’t already) will help you in your first few days at the University, but you’ll also find lots of information on the Welcome pages and below. Please don’t worry if it seems a lot to take in – we will work hard during Welcome Week and in the first semester to make your transition to university life as smooth as possible!
I very much look forward to welcoming you to the School in person in September.
Professor Soumyen Bandyopadhyay, Head of the School of Architecture
Watch our Welcome Week video
This video explains what to do when you get here, and what to expect. We also discuss Welcome Week, the Student Experience Team, and the support available to you here at the School of the Arts.
What to do next
1. Getting ready
There are a few essential things you need to do before you join us, including registering with the University and activating your IT account. Further information can be found the Welcome pages and in your welcome pack.
2. View your programme details
Undergraduate students are required to take 120 credits in Year 1 (60 credits in each semester). All year 1 Architecture modules are compulsory and you will be automatically registered onto these – consult the subject structure for further details about the modules you will be studying.
Subject component information may be found below:
3. View your programme timetable
Your academic timetable can be found on Liverpool Life during Welcome Week and updates will normally feed through within 24-48 hours of module registration.
Please be aware that there may be changes to your timetable over the first few weeks of term so please check your online timetable regularly.
4. Welcome Week Timetable
There are many events and activities happening during Welcome Week which will inform and guide you through your first few weeks and will lay the foundation for your time here. View your Welcome Week Timetable below:
More support and information for starting your course
Student Support Centre
As a student in the School of the Arts, you will have access to a dedicated Student Support Centre. The friendly team can help you with:
- Day-to-day queries relating to registration, modules, timetabling or assessment;
- Study abroad queries, whether you’re an incoming or outgoing student;
- Support with employability or finding work placements;
- Academic, pastoral and wellbeing issues through our Learning and Teaching Support Officers (LTSOs). The School has two LTSOs who work closely with academic tutors and Student Services to ensure that all students are fully supported throughout their studies. Our LTSOs are also the disability and dyslexia contacts for the School. They are available for individual appointments should you wish to come in and have a chat, and can also be contacted via our Live Chat service at scheduled times.
The Student Support Centre is open 9:00am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday, and you can access support in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @SotaSSC
- Live Chat: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/intranet/school-of-the-arts/support/live-chat/
- By phone: 0151 795 0500 or 0151 795 0507
- In person: reception, 19 Abercromby Square.
Your Academic Advisor
You will be assigned a named academic member of staff as your Academic Advisor. Their role is to develop a relationship with you, to provide information, advice and guidance on academic matters, and to direct you to further sources of information on both academic and non-academic matters.
Your advisor’s details can be found on Liverpool Life.
Your programme handbook
Need more information?
If you would like any further information about the Liverpool School of Architecture before you arrive in September, please contact our staff in the Student Support Centre on:
0151 795 0500 or 0151 795 0507
Or email us at: email@example.com
Back to: School of Architecture