Report a data loss incident

How to raise concerns about the use of your personal data with the University.

Data incidents or breaches can occur through human error or malicious intent. If you have a concern about the way we are processing your personal data or you become aware of or suspect a data breach, please report it as soon as possible. You can do this by:

  • Completing an incident form via staff intranet.
  • Contacting the University Data Protection Officer by email or by telephone +44(0) 151 794 2148 during core working hours. 

The Data Protection Officer will make an initial assessment to establish the severity of the incident. We will then work with the staff and teams involved in the incident to improve data protection practices through training, improved security measures or other mitigations that can be taken to prevent the incident happening again.

Page updated: 23 February 2024

Back to: Legal & Governance