Teaching and Learning
Students in the School of Environmental Science actively contribute to our extremely active research community, whose work feeds directly into our course content. You would be learning directly from the experts.
We constantly review our degree programmes to ensure they address the needs of employers, including the many organizations we are partnered with. You would be able to develop your practical skills in our labs, in the field and in classes covering a variety of topics.
To help you meet the intellectual and practical challenges of studying Environmental Science we provide comprehensive student support through:
- Small tutor groups (typically 8 students) through all years
- High levels of field and lab-based teaching within the School and in Europe's most advanced teaching laboratories (Central Teaching Hub)
- An emphasis on active, problem-based learning (learning by doing)
- Hands-on experience of cutting edge laboratory technologies
- Excellent programme of fieldwork, to a variety of environments
- Supervised independent and group project work
We are a friendly community, with staff and students working closely together.