Whether you see yourself becoming a theoretical scientist or someone engaged at the sharp end of applied Geoscience, we can give you the perfect career preparation through our degrees.
Active research experts will be your teachers and the knowledge you gain will be complemented by frequent field work, including opportunities to travel on field trips overseas.
Training in the scientific skills you need to work in our exciting field is delivered in our award-winning Central Teaching Laboratories, which have transformed the learning experience for our students.
Below is a list of the courses we are currently offering. Please follow the links for further details:
- Geology BSc (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F600
- Geology MESci (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F601
- Geology (North America) MESci (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F603
- Geology and Physical Geography BSc (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F6F8
- Geology and Physical Geography MESci (Hons)
UCAS CODE: FF68
- Geophysics (Geology) BSc (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F640
- Geology and Geophysics MESci (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F641
- Geophysics (North America) MESci (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F660
- Geophysics (Physics) BSc (Hons)
UCAS CODE: F656
- Earth Sciences entry route leading to BSc (Hons) (4 year route including a Foundation Year at Carmel College)
UCAS CODE: F608
We want to try and help you prepare for the day-to-day costs of studying. These might include things like photocopying in the library, buying textbooks and specialist equipment or going on field classes. We have put together tables of additional costs for guidance, for each subject area, including where departments make contributions towards these costs. The Study costs guides should help you with your budgeting.