We are keen to maintain links with schools and colleges and since 2000 we have been offering INSET courses for teachers. These two-day courses tailor-made for 'A' Level Geology Teachers provide:
- Teaching resources suitable for use in AS and/or A2 courses,
- Updating lectures on specific topics in the 'A' Level specifications,
- Opportunities for course participants to meet the staff within the Earth Sciences Department and time to talk to other 'A' Level Geology teachers across the UK and to share & discuss teaching ideas,
- Practical exercises suitable for use in schools & colleges preparing students for 'A' Level Geology examinations,
- Examples of case studies relevant to some of the topics in the 'A' Level syllabus and linked to current areas of research within the School of Environmental Sciences.
If you would like to be included on our mailing list to be notified about the date and/or details of future INSET courses please contact Maggie Williams by clicking here.
Comments from previous participants:
“What a fantastic INSET course, Thank you very much. I only wish my school had allowed me out for 2 days! The resources I have gained today have been incredible and they are very much appreciated. What is also appreciated is the tremendous amount of time and effort put into the two days. In short, the best INSET I have attended in years.”
“Superb INSET- thoroughly well planned and extremely well-resourced. It may take me a few years to implement everything in my teaching, but I am looking forward to making a start. I hope to keep in touch and look forward to the next course.”