A long and proud history of international research in Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology
In addition to our library collections and archives, we also have our own dedicated Garstang Museum and several research laboratories.
Our staff and postgraduate students work together in dynamic and supportive research groups that have common interests including:
- Archaeology of Human Origins
- Early Village Societies
- Egyptology Research Group
- Mediterranean Archaeology
- Ancient Economies
- Ancient Religions
- Literary Culture of the Roman Empire.
Research groups receive major funding support from prestigious bodies such as:
- The British Academy
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- The Leverhulme Trust
- English Heritage
- National Geographic.
A number of post-doctoral positions have also been funded these grants, including Leverhulme Early Career, British Academy and Marie Curie Post-doctoral Fellowships.
Departmental funding awards
- Chris Mee Travel Award (for students on taught Masters and undergraduate degrees)
- (for research postgraduates and Masters candidates doing research in a relevant area)