English language requirements

If you’re an international student applying to study with us, you’ll usually need to demonstrate your English language ability.

You should check our individual course pages to see the English language requirements that apply for your intended programme.

For most international students, unless you're a national of a majority English speaking country, you'll need to provide a valid, recognised English language test or qualification to show that you meet these requirements.

We accept a variety of international English language tests and country-specific qualifications, as well as achievements with our partner institutions. We also offer Pre-Sessional English courses that can improve your English language skills and allow you to progress to an undergraduate degree or master's on successful completion. 

International English language tests

International English language tests

A variety of approved international tests can be used to show your English language ability meets the required standard.

Country-specific qualifications

Country specific qualifications

High school English language qualifications and other awards from selected countries can enable you to meet our English language requirements.

Partner institution tests

Partner institutions

If you're looking to join us from one of our partner institutions around the world, our English language requirements are tailored to each partner.

Pre-Sessional English

Pre-Sessional English courses

If you don't meet the minimum English language requirements for your preferred course, you can complete one of our Pre-Sessional English courses.

Majority English speaking countries

Majority English speaking countries

If you're from a majority native English speaking country, you won't usually have to evidence your English language ability.