Our accommodation is very popular, and we therefore strongly recommend that you apply as soon as possible after receiving your offer to study at the University of Liverpool. You do not need to wait until you have selected Liverpool as your firm or insurance choice on UCAS. We allocate accommodation on a first come, first served basis - so the sooner you apply, the better.
Applying is simple
1. Research your hall
Take a look at what accommodation we have available, and decide on the best fit for you.
2. Get on Liverpool Life
Liverpool Life is your one stop shop for all accommodation requirements, and the portal through which you apply. To register, you will need your Student ID number. This is a nine digit number and will start with 20 (for example 201234567). You will receive your Student ID once you have been offered a place to study or invite to interview at the University of Liverpool.
You can apply for accommodation as soon as you receive an offer to study at the University of Liverpool. You do not need to wait for your invite to apply or until you have chosen Liverpool as your firm or insurance choice on UCAS. We recommend you get your application in to us as soon as possible, as we allocate on a first come, first served basis.
You will be able to select three preferences. Please be aware that we will do our very best to match one of these, however it is not always guaranteed.
At this stage, you will also be asked to provide any medical requirements you may have. Please give us as much information as you are willing to disclose so that we can ensure we are able to find suitable accommodation that meets your needs. (Find out more about priority rooms)
3. Know your deadlines
Undergraduate first year students
- Undergraduate first year Unconditional Firm (UF) and Conditional Firm (CF) students are guaranteed accommodation at the University of Liverpool or within University Approved accommodation, so long as you apply before 31 July 2020. Unconditional offer holders will receive their offer of accommodation shortly after applying. Conditional offer holders will receive an offer after A Level results day, once we know you are coming to join us. Offers will be sent out on Monday 17 August 2020.
- Insurance and clearing undergraduates need to make their application for accommodation as soon as possible. Whilst we are not able to formally guarantee your accommodation, we will try our best to do so if we can, and your date of application will be taken into consideration.
Returning undergraduate students
- Second, third and fourth year undergraduates need to get their applications in early, as the application process is on a first come first served basis. Also, the earlier you apply, the more likely we will be able to offer you a flat with your friends! This accommodation will be in our University halls of residences, or with our preferred private providers, who offer some great accommodation very close to the city centre campus. Sit back and wait for your offer!
- You will receive an offer of accommodation shortly following your application.
- Postgraduate students will be sent an offer of accommodation once their status has been updated to Expected Entrant.
- International postgraduates are also guaranteed accommodation at the University of Liverpool, so long as you apply before 31 July 2019.
- Home and EU postgraduates, although there is no guarantee, we will still do our best to accommodate you. The earlier you apply the better.
4. Accept your offer
Accepting your offer is simple, just go back into Liverpool Life once you have received your offer email for accommodation, submit your date of birth, and then click 'accept'. It is important to make sure you check through the terms and conditions as you are signing up to an Accommodation Agreement.
At this point, you will need to pay a £150 Damage deposit, which is refunded subject to a room inspection when you leave our accommodation. You will also have a seven day ‘cooling off period’ where you can cancel your agreement and have your deposit refunded. If you cancel after the cooling offer period, your deposit may be held as an administration fee.
If you have applied as part of a guarantee, you will need to accept your first offer of accommodation. If you reject this, there is no guarantee will be able to offer you alternative accommodation. We are certain that you will love your time with us no matter where you live - however, there is a room move waiting list that you can sign up to once you have accepted your offer.
Uni Kit Out
Uni Kit Out provide the essential items you need to enjoy your time at the University of Liverpool. From bedding and towels to kitchen essentials, Uni Kit Out have it covered. They will deliver direct to your accommodation so it is ready for you on arrival. Also, you can receive 10% off your order when you use the code LIVERPOOL10 when checking out.
Back to: Accommodation