The Application Portal will open early 2023 for applications for academic year 2023/24
The portal is still open for 2022/23 applications for students looking for accommodation for the rest of the academic year.
Our accommodation is very popular, and we strongly recommend that you apply as soon as possible after receiving your offer to study at the University of Liverpool. You do not need to wait until you have selected Liverpool as your firm or insurance choice on UCAS. We allocate accommodation on a first come, first served basis - so the sooner you apply, the better.
TOP THINGS TO REMEMBER
- You don't have to wait to confirm UOL as your insurance or firm choice before you apply
- By applying you are not committing to anything or paying anything
- We recommend that you put your application in as soon as the portal opens and once you have received your invite to interivew or offer to study. You don't need to wait for an invitation to apply for accommodation and students invited to interivew don't need to wait until they receive their formal offer to study.
- Conditional offer holders won't receive an offer of accommodation until after exam results have been released in August.
- Preferences aren't guaranteed
Applying is simple
1. Research your hall
Take a look at what accommodation we have available, and decide on the best fit for you.
You are able to choose one of our Preferred Providers – Kaplan and Student Roost as your preferences. Check out the property information here.
If you receive an offer for Kaplan or Student Roost, your Tenancy Agreement will be with the Provider, not with the University of Liverpool.
2. Get on Liverpool Life
Liverpool Life is your one stop shop for all accommodation requirements, and the portal through which you apply.
- Find your Student ID number. It is a nine digit number starting with 20 (for example 201234567).
- You will receive your Student ID once you have been offered a place to study or invite to interview at the University of Liverpool.
You will also need to set up you PIN when you first visit Liverpool Life:
- Click on "Set your PIN for the first time" or "Forgot PIN" and enter your student ID number.
- An email will be sent to your registered email within 24 hours with instructions to set your PIN (Please check your junk/spam folders).
- If your email address has changed, please email the accommodation office with your new email address.
- Once your PIN is set up you can apply for accommodation by logging into Liverpool Life and clicking "continue to your application" under the accommodation section.
You can apply for accommodation as soon as you receive an offer to study/invite for interview at the University of Liverpool. You do not need to wait for your invite to apply or until you have chosen Liverpool as your firm or insurance choice on UCAS. We recommend you get your application in to us as soon as possible, as we allocate on a first come, first served basis.
You will be able to select three preferences. Please be aware that we will do our very best to match one of these, however these are not guaranteed. Where we cannot meet one of your preferences, we will try our best to offer you a similar room or hall of your choices. If this is not possible, an offer for the next best available room will be sent to you that is either university owned or with one of our Preferred Private Providers. We strongly recommend you accept this offer and either submit a room move request or contact the private provider to discuss alternative options.
Medical Requirements and Reasonable Adjustments
At this stage, you will also be asked to provide any medical requirements you may have. Please give us as much information as you are willing to disclose so that we can ensure we are able to find suitable accommodation that meets your needs. If you do not provide detail on your application, we may not be able to support any specific requirements or adjustments if advised at a later date (Find out more about priority rooms)
If you require specific adjustments to your accommodation or for your learning experience, it is vital you contact the Disability Support Team to discuss your options. You can find out more information here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/studentsupport/disabled-students
3. Know your deadlines
Undergraduate first year students
- Undergraduate first year Unconditional Firm (UF) and Conditional Firm (CF) students are guaranteed accommodation at the University of Liverpool or within University Approved accommodation if you apply before the deadline on 31 July 2023.
- Students who hold an Unconditional Offer will receive their offer of accommodation shortly after they have applied for accommodation, providing they have accepted their offer to study and are an "expected entrant". If you hold an unconditional offer and apply on or after Friday 1 July 2023 and before the deadline, you will receive your offer following A Level Results Day.
- If you are an unconditional offer holder and apply for Kaplan or Student Roost, you will not receive an offer of accommodation until after A Level results day.
- We don't send out any offers to undergraduate students from1st July until after A Level Results Day. If you become an expected entrant between these dates you will receive your offer after A Level Results Day and before early September. This is to make a fairer system for students who are studying different qualifications and may get their results earlier, i.e. BTEC, NVQ, A Levels, Scottish Highers and students who come through early clearing.
- Conditional offer holders will receive an offer after A Level results day, once we know you are coming to join us. Due to the high amount of applications we receive, offers are sent over a few weeks with the aim of all offers sent by early September. This also applies to students who are studying other qualifications such as Scottish Higher or BTEC.
- Insurance and clearing undergraduates need to make their application for accommodation as soon as possible. We will either house you within our accommodation or send you an offer for accommodation within our University Approved private providers. Your date of application will be taken into consideration.
Returning undergraduate students
- Second, third and fourth year undergraduates need to get their applications in early, as the application process is on a first come first served basis. Also, the earlier you apply, the more likely we will be able to offer you a flat with your friends! This accommodation will be in our University halls of residences, or with our preferred private providers, who offer some great accommodation very close to the city centre campus. Sit back and wait for your offer!
- You will receive an offer of accommodation shortly following your application.
- Postgraduate students will be sent an offer of accommodation once their status has been updated to Expected Entrant.
- If you are an Expected Entrant and have applied for Student Roost, you will not receive an offer of accommodation until late August/Early September
- International postgraduates are also guaranteed accommodation at the University of Liverpool, so long as their studies start at the beginning of the academic year (September) and you apply before 31 July 2023.
- Home and EU postgraduates, although there is no guarantee, we will still do our best to accommodate you. The earlier you apply the better
4. Accept Your Offer
Accepting your offer is simple, just go back into Liverpool Life once you have received your offer email for accommodation, submit your date of birth, and then click 'accept'. It is important to make sure you check through the terms and conditions as you are signing up to our Student Accommodation Licence.
Cooling Off Period
You will also have a seven day ‘cooling off period’ where you can cancel your Student Accommodation Licence. If you cancel after the cooling offer period, depending on the circumstances, you may be liable for the full dates listed on your Licence. This starts from the date you accept your Student Accommodation Licence.
Rejecting your Offer
We strongly recommend to accept your offer as if you reject there is no guarantee you will receive another offer from us. We are certain that you will love your time with us no matter where you live - however, there is a room move waiting list that you can sign up to once you have accepted your offer.
Preferred Private Provider Offer
If you receive an offer for accommodation with our University Approved Private Providers, the Tenancy Agreement will be with the provider themselves and not the University of Liverpool. Please read the content of the offer email which will detail the accommodation, provider and further information on this. You will not be able to join the room move waiting list and will need to discuss your requirements with the Private Provider.
Uni Kit Out
Uni Kit Out provide the essential items you need to enjoy your time at the University of Liverpool. From bedding and towels to kitchen essentials, Uni Kit Out have it covered. They will deliver direct to your accommodation so it is ready for you on arrival. Also, you can receive 10% off your order when you use the code LIVERPOOL10 when checking out.
Back to: Accommodation