The PAL scheme allows you to:
- discuss problems on a one-to-one or group basis.
- improve your skills to work independently and in a team.
- improve your communication skills.
- develop relationships with fellow students in your year, as well as the PAL leaders.
- be able to discuss ideas with other students with varying perspectives to help better your understanding of a given subject.
- ask other students questions you may feel too embarrassed to ask otherwise.
In addition, engaging with the PAL scheme helps you to:
- increase your confidence in areas you may find more difficult.
- feel more confident when talking to others.
- improve your understanding of the concepts of the course.
- develop and adapt study and learning strategies.
- integrate more quickly into university life.
- be better prepared for any assessment and exams situations.
Back to: Department of Physics