Members of the department deliver talks on particle physics, the Large Hadron Collider, neutrinos, latest particle physics news, the Higgs boson, antimatter, dark matter, the scientific method, CERN, and most things that these topics connect to.
For example, Tara Shears delivers talks at science festivals, to learned societies, at TEDx events, to a variety of audiences. Many of these are recorded and available online. See, for example
- The God in Small Things : TEDx Manchester
- Why Antimatter Matters: TEDx Liverpool
- The Dark Side of the Universe: TEDx Arendal
Debates: with philosophers, authors, scientists:
- How the Light Gets In festival
- Dreams of the Universe
- Masters of the World
- Its an immaterial world
- Missing Evidence
Tara also hosts films, guests in documentaries, and is frequently interviewed. She was the Principal Investigator on a 2016 Royal Society Summer exhibit showcasing antimatter, and participates in the Liverpool University sponsored CERN/FACT Arts@CERN Collide International Residency programme.
- Sizing Things Up
- The Mystery of the Missing Mass
- Hunting for the Higgs
- The Matter with Antimatter
- B is for Beauty
- Big Bang v2.0
- The Large Hadron Collider
- LHCb – The Beauty Experiment
- The Times Higher Education - Tara Shears
- Antimatter Matters, created for the 2016 Royal Society Summer exhibition
- Collide International award
More details of Tara’s engagement, and upcoming events, are available here.