There are a number of career resources to help you with this:
- Follow @livuniPTjobs twitter account for the latest opportunities.
- Read this document for tips on finding a part-time job.
- Improve your CV at regular Careers and Employability drop in sessions.
- Read here for benefits of part-time work, how you can balance study with a part-time job, and how to find a job.
Increase Your Employability
- Read this document to further understand graduate recruitment.
- Use the Handshake to find graduate schemes and entry level graduate jobs.
- Attend careers and job fairs to meet face to face with some of the UK's leading graduate recruiters.
- Follow @livunicareers twitter account for the latest opportunities.
- International Students, read this document about converting your qualifications to UK or international equivalents.
- International students, gain strong English language skills by taking part in courses at the English Language Centre of the University.
Best Time to Apply
The application process for Graduate Schemes often runs from September until January, with jobs commencing the following August/ September. Application processes for these job roles can be lengthy and involve psychometric tests, interviews and assessment centres. It is best to apply for graduate schemes in good time, as applications can close once job roles have been filled.
Some large employers do recruit all year round, you can usually find out when application processes open and when deadlines are, on their websites.
Back to: Department of Mathematical Sciences