Management and Governance Structure
Our effective management structure is comprised of:
- A Leadership team (LT) supported by the CDT Operations team, focused on tactical decisions
- A Strategic Advisory Board (SAB), focused on helping us improve and deliver
Our Leadership team:
- Headed by Prof Simon Maskell (CDT Director)
- Student liaison lead with responsibility for student welfare and training: Judy Zhu (Xu Zhu)
- Lead on “Towards a Data-driven future” aspects of training: Prof Paul Spirakis
- STFC Hartree lead on “Future computing systems” : Prof Vassil Alexandrov.
The Leadership team is supported by the CDT Operations team:
- Kelli Cassidy, Centre Manager – ensures the smooth day-to-day operation of the CDT
- Sara Parker, Centre Support Officer – leads on the marketing, recruitment and finance activities of the CDT
Strategic Advisory Board (SAB)
The SAB, as an independent group, will be instrumental in the continuous improvement of the CDT through constructive criticism. It will provide this through meetings with the CDT Director and student representative both together and separately and providing feedback on observations arising from these conversations as well as annual reports.
The SAB is made up of the following members:
- SAB Chair - Miss Frankie Crouch, Recent UoL MSc graduate and Data Scientist at Fluidly
- Prof Mark Briers, Chief Data and Analytics Officer for Royal Mail, Honorary Fellow of the Alan Turing Institute (ATI) and previously Director for the ATI’s Defence and Security Programme
- Prof Dr Wolfgang Koch, Head of Department of Sensor Data and Information Fusion, Fraunhofer, Germany
- Dr Samantha Lycett, Computational Biologist at the University of Edinburgh’s Roslin Institute
- Prof Antonietta Mira, founder and director of Interdisciplinary Institute of Data Science at the University of Lugano, Switzerland
- Rhys Perry, UKRI nominated Project Officer, Portfolio Manager at EPSRC
- Dr Jim Weatherall, Vice President for Advanced Analytics, Astrazeneca
- Dr Nick Whiteley, Director of the Computational Statistics and Data Science (COMPASS) CDT at Bristol
The Leadership Team also includes representatives of all stakeholder groups, with the aim of ensuring that all involved have an inclusive experience.