Liverpool University Sub-Aqua club is a branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club based at the University of Liverpool. We dive both in the UK and abroad and are actively involved in training from beginner to instructor level.
We operate two rigid inflatable boats and have a full calendar of dive trips and social events.
Octopush is a fast-paced aerobic game of hockey underwater. Two teams of six compete to push a 1.2kg puck into the opponent’s goal using short handheld sticks. Octopush is open to anybody of any ability. We compete in both national and student tournaments around the UK. We are a friendly, welcoming club so If you are looking for a new sport to play, come and give Octopush a go.
For more details about joining our Suba-Aqua club, find out more here - www.lusac.org.uk
The Athletic Union
The Athletic Union (AU) is a student lead union founded in 1884. The AU consists of competitive sports clubs representing the University in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS). The AU also provides opportunities for social sports with over 132 teams across three sports.
Being an AU member is a great way to stay active, develop management and leadership skills and meet people.
Other benefits include:
- Representation within the Sport Liverpool department through the elected student AU executive committee
- Elite personal accident insurance cover
- Access to physiotherapy treatment at our Sports injuries clinic
- Priority access to AU social events
- Financial support at representative level
- Subsidised support to coaching an officials courses
- Eligibility for colours and blues award.
The initial cost of the AU membership is £40 and this will allow you to join one club. If you wish to join multiple clubs, the cost for each club is £24 thereafter.
Back to: Sport Liverpool