Latin American Studies
We are a specialist centre for research and teaching in Latin American Studies. Our base in the vibrant multinational city of Liverpool gives us close links with the Hispanic and Latin American world.
Our research strengths in Latin American Studies include:
- Contemporary Politics and International Relations
- History (Socio-political and Cultural-Early Modern through to Contemporary)
- Film (Spanish American and Brazilian)
- Critical Theory and Gender Studies
- Cyberculture and counter-culture.
In Year 3 you will spend at least seven months on a year abroad working or studying in a Latin American country.
See our module descriptors pages for module content in the current Session. Hispanic Studies and Latin American Studies modules are coded with "HISP" and "LATI" prefixes.
- Spanish and Portuguese language at both Beginners' and Advanced Level
- Classes taught by native speakers
- Fully-equipped Modern Languages Resource Centre for private study
- Language Laboratory exercises, including interpreting
- An enriched student experience through our collaboration with the Regional Centre for American Studies (North West)
- One of the best-resourced Latin American library collections in the UK.