Postgraduate research opportunities
- Visit our PhD hub to find out about our PhD programmes, studentships and more.
- Find out about our current PhD students and their research topics.
- Contact our staff to discuss possibilities for supervision of your research project.
Why study with us?
- Spanish and Portuguese language at both Beginners' and Advanced Level
- Classes taught by native speakers
- Fully-equipped Language Lounge for private study
- Language Laboratory exercises, including interpreting
- An enriched student experience through our collaboration with the Regional Centre for American Studies (North West)
- One of the best-resourced Latin American library collections in the UK.
In Year 3 you will spend at least seven months on a year abroad working or studying in a Latin American country.
Our research strengths in Latin American Studies include:
- Contemporary Politics and International Relations
- History (Socio-political and Cultural-Early Modern through to Contemporary)
- Film (Spanish American and Brazilian)
- Critical Theory and Gender Studies
- Cyberculture and counter-culture.
Hear from our students to find out what it's really like to study a language at Liverpool.