Facilities and centres of expertise
Research in the Institute of Integrative Biology is supported by a strong infrastructure that includes 5000m2 of secure laboratory accommodation in the Biosciences Building, organised into eight large, well equipped, multi-user laboratories. The Institute contains its own aquarium, insectary and glass houses to host researchers' model species of animals and plants. Further research infrastructure is hosted at the University's Leahurst Campus and the University operated Ness Botanic Gardens.
The Institute is home to many world class facilities and hosts several of the faculty’s shared research platforms, including key elements of the national research infrastructure. These platforms provide users, local and external, from academia and industry, with a unique combination of state of the art equipment and supporting expertise:
- Centre for Genomic Research
- GeneMill Synthetic Biology Lab
- Centre for Proteome Research
- Computational Biology Facility
- Centre for Cell Imaging
- NMR Centre for Structural Biology
- Barkla X-Ray Laboratory of Biophysics
- Henry Wellcome Laboratory of Mammalian Behaviour and Evolution
We are located on our modern University campus in the heart of Liverpool, one of the most cosmopolitan and historic cities in the UK.