Outreach and Schools Liasion
We are keen to promote electrical engineering and electronics careers within schools and run a variety of outreach activities designed to educate and enthuse pupils about the subjects we teach and research within the Department. Our provision has activities that span Years 5 – 12 and we work with diverse groups of pupils from local and regional schools.
Here are some of the things we engage in and offer:
- Practical activities in schools (for Years 5-10).
- Taster days on campus (for Year 11).
- Residential summer schools (for Years 12-13).
- Faculty events (various year groups).
- Year 12 STEM Masterclasses on campus
- Participation in external events, such as science fairs and STEM festivals.
- Project placements (for Years 12-13).
The leader of the Electrical Engineering and Electronics outreach team is Dr. Kirsty McKay. She can be contacted at: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss how we could engage with your school pupils and the cost of our activities, please send an email to Kirsty.