The Squash club accommodates all standards, from county and regional players to players that had never picked up a racket before university - everyone is welcome.
Last season we had three men's teams and two women's teams in the British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) leagues. A team of 10 players also went to Nottingham in December for the annual BUCS individuals - a fun weekend for all involved.
Team coaching takes place on a Monday evening, as well as beginner sessions on a Friday evening. We also provide weekly fitness sessions for anyone in the club.
We are always a ‘work hard, play hard’ club and have a busy social calendar. Standout events include our Christmas and end-of-season meals, bowling and of course fancy dress Athletic Union nights.
For more details about joining our Squash club, contact us today.
The Athletic Union
The Athletic Union (AU) is a student lead union founded in 1884. The AU consists of competitive sports clubs representing the University in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS). The AU also provides opportunities for social sports with over 132 teams across three sports.
Being an AU member is a great way to stay active, develop management and leadership skills and meet people.
Other benefits include:
- Representation within the Sport Liverpool department through the elected student AU executive committee
- Elite personal accident insurance cover
- Access to physiotherapy treatment at our Sports injuries clinic
- Priority access to AU social events
- Financial support at representative level
- Subsidised support to coaching an officials courses
- Eligibility for colours and blues award.
The initial cost of the AU membership is £40 and this will allow you to join one club. If you wish to join multiple clubs, the cost for each club is £24 thereafter.
Back to: Sport Liverpool