Can you walk, trot and canter on a horse and fancy trying something new? Have you previously played polo and want to improve your game? Do you want to make friends for life? No matter if you're a complete beginner or an experienced player, the University of Liverpool Polo club wants you.
Lessons take place twice a week in groups of six with Hendersons Polo. The club competes in winter and summer national competitions as well as various friendly tournaments throughout the year.
We believe that socials are a vital part of polo at the University of Liverpool. We aim to hold socials most Wednesday nights and take part in monthly Athletic Union (AU) fancy dress nights. Socials range from wine and cheese to pub golf, to chilled pizza nights, so there is something for everyone!
For more details about joining Polo, contact us today.
The Athletic Union
The Athletic Union (AU) is a student lead union founded in 1884. The AU consists of competitive sports clubs representing the University in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS). The AU also provides opportunities for social sports with over 132 teams across three sports.
Being an AU member is a great way to stay active, develop management and leadership skills and meet people.
Other benefits include:
- Representation within the Sport Liverpool department through the elected student AU executive committee
- Elite personal accident insurance cover
- Access to physiotherapy treatment at our Sports injuries clinic
- Priority access to AU social events
- Financial support at representative level
- Subsidised support to coaching an officials courses
- Eligibility for colours and blues award.
The initial cost of the AU membership is £60 and this will allow you to join one club. If you wish to join multiple clubs, the cost for each club is £24 thereafter.
Back to: Sport Liverpool