We offer world-class postgraduate research degrees (including MPhil and PhD) covering a broad range of subjects. For a period of three to five years, students can choose from Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology, History, Irish Studies, Modern Languages and Cultures, or Politics.
We aim to educate scholars who will become the next generation of leaders in their fields of research, with outstanding intellectual skills and distinctive research agendas.
Our academics work with students to focus on the key elements of the research process; generating new knowledge and understanding through creative practice, scholarship and criticism. We also encourage students to participate in local, national and international conferences, seminars and other research activities.
After receiving our supervision, support and training, many of our alumni have gone on to hold prestigious positions ranging from practice to academia.
What we can offer you
- Strong links with universities and research institutes in Europe, North America, Africa and Asia.
- A supportive research environment including regular review meetings.
- Comprehensive training and development.
- The opportunity to engage in collaborative partnerships with those in the creative industries.
- One of the best collections of digital archives for historical research in Europe.
- The unrivalled resource of Liverpool’s world-class museums and galleries.
- High quality study space in our newly refurbished offices on Abercromby Square.
See our departments for more information: