Outreach events for schools and colleges
As an institution the University of Liverpool is committed to the delivery of outreach activities, working with schools and colleges across the Liverpool community and beyond.
A list of some of the activities that we provide at institutional and School level is below. We can also tailor activities to suit your specific needs so please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
We run single events throughout the year for schools and colleges interested in particular subjects. We can work with you to link content to your curriculum or give you a taste of what it is like to study our subjects at University level. Thanks to our wide range of subject areas, we can design sessions that embrace two or more subjects to bring them together for you under a single theme.
Our subject areas are:
- Department of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology
- Department of History
- Institute of Irish Studies
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- Film Studies
- Department of Politics
We can also include campus tours and visits to University facilities such as:
- The Garstang Museum of Archaeology
- Experimental Archaeology Facilities
- The Sydney Jones Library
- Special Collections and Archives
- The Victoria Gallery and Museum
- Partner institutions in the city with which we work, eg
Liverpool Schools Classics Project
A project to offer lessons in Greek, Latin, Ancient History and Classical Civilisation to schools. Learn more.
The University offers a variety of summer opportunities for secondary schools:
- Ancient Worlds Summer School - learn more
- A Humanities and Social Sciences Summer School for Year 10 pupils
- An annual week of master classes which includes taster sessions across all subject areas for pupils in Years 12 and 13.
HLC Summer Fair
A fête-style interactive day held each year for Year 10 pupils to explore our subjects through hands-on activities. Learn more.
For more details on any of our outreach events, please contact Glenn Godenho, our Admissions and Widening Participation Lead.