The microbiological facilities we offer are:
- A containment Level 2 microbiology laboratory
- Capability to grow and handle a wide variety of microorganisms, including opportunistic pathogens
- The ability to investigate bacterial adherence and survival on a wide range of surfaces
- Analysis of bacterial sensitivity to antimicrobial compounds (e.g. Zone of inhibition assay, Minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) assay)
- Analysis of bacterial biofilms
- Analysis of bacterial cell morphology (by high magnification SEM) and bacterial viability on surfaces (live/dead viability assays) to assess the survival of microorganisms and their ability to colonize the surface.