Our relevance to industry
Microbial activity and biofilms on surfaces and interfaces cost UK industry billions of pounds each year due to product contamination, energy losses and equipment damage.
Affected sectors include:
- the healthcare and medical devices industry
- the foods and drinks industry
- consumer products
- paints and coatings
- the marine industry
- chemicals and the petroleum industries.
To stimulate economic growth, the Hub will provide proactive resources to industry and SMEs in particular in order to:
- facilitate knowledge transfer between partner organisations
- link businesses to state-of-the-art technology and leading academic expertise
- create new supply chains and accelerate the innovation pipeline.