As an academic medical oncologist I have developed the specialty through leading phase 1-3 trials. In parallel with this I have led the production of six Cochrane systematic reviews in gynaecological and lung cancers., and have worked with the Liverpool Review Implementaiton Group on lung cancer technology appraisals fro NICE. I am currently Coordinating investigator on a phase 1b/11 study targeting the tumour suppressor gene p53 in ovarian cancers by conformational restoration of the structure. PiSSARO Study Protocol
I have also promoted postgraduate education through textbooks, conference organisation and online learning modules at M level.
I have had a longstanding interest in translational research including chairing National Cancer Research Institute subgroups in gynaecological cancers, and similar groups at international level in the EORTC (EU) and Gynaecological Cancer Intergroup. I have also served as Honorary Secretary of the British Gynaecological Cancer Society for 3 years after a period on Council, and subsequently was elected to the Council of the European Society for Gynaecological Cancer (ESGO), where I was successful in bringing the ESGO biennial meeting to the UK with 2500 delegates to Liverpool in October 2013 and hence complementing my interest in postgraduate education. I also set up the European patient network organisation ENGAGe through ESGO.
- Education and Training in Translational Research in Ovarian Cancer (Invitation to Speak, European Network of Translational Research in Ovarian Cancer 2010)
- Chemoradiation for Cervical Cancer (Invitation to Speak, Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2010)
- Platinum resistance in ovarian cancer (Invitation to Speak, International Gynecological Cancer Society 2010)
- Online Education in Gynaecological Cancers (Invitation to Speak, European Network of Young Gynecological Oncologists 2010)
- Education and Training in Translational Research in Ovarian Cancer (Invitation to Speak, Charite Mayo Hospital 2010)
- Chemotherapy for Advanced or Recurrent Cervical Cancer (Invitation to Speak, ESMO 2006)
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy (BGCS 2006)
- NCRI/NCI consensus conference - endometrial cancer (Invitation to Speak, NCRI 2006)
- Management of Endometrial Cancer (Invitation to Speak, European Society for Medical Oncology 2005)