Increase your confidence in your language skills and learn transferable skills that will improve your employability and career prospects.
The Year Abroad is taken in Year 3 and is compulsory for all Modern Language degrees.
- Exchange University Placements at one of our 29 partner institutions
- Independent Work Placements
- British Council English Language Assistantships
- Independent University Placements (Latin America only), including Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Peru) and Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
My Year Abroad
Meet Diana and Molly, who have both taken a year abroad in Europe.
- "Mugged by a Peacock", by Alberta
- "Saving Eyesight by Proxy", by Eleanor
- "My Year Abroad", by Olivia
- "Surviving as a sorbonnarde", by Ruqayyah
See our University Go Abroad pages.