Department celebrates REF 2021 Results
The Department of Languages, Cultures and Film is delighted to share excellent results following the publication of REF2021.
100% of our environment was classified world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*). We are ranked:
- 4th in the sector overall for research classified as world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*) out of 47 submissions
- 10th in the sector for 4* research overall (outputs, impact and environment) out of 47 submissions
- Ranked 4th in the sector for 4* Impact (out of 47 submissions)
- Overall Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.4 (+15% from REF 2014)
- 317% increase on Impact classified as 4* compared with REF 2014
- 100% of Impact and Environment scored at 4* and 3*
- Top quartile overall for research classified at 4* (Outputs, Impact and Environment)
- Top quartile for 4* and 3* Outputs
Head of Department, Professor Anna Saunders says:
It is wonderful to see such such strong REF results across all areas of activity. These results are testament to the world-leading research that is being conducted by colleagues in LCF, which not only challenges our thinking, but also has a real-world impact on people's lives, whether in local communities, healthcare settings, heritage sites or education.