A transcript is your academic history.  It lists the titles and marks of the modules you studied in each academic year.  It gives your period of registration as a student, your degree award date and your degree classification. You may need your transcript for employment, further education or immigration purposes.

For older awards, the University is unable to guarantee that a complete set of module and mark data has been retained.

Unofficial academic transcripts

Students can print an unofficial copy of their transcript at any point during their registration. This facility is available at any time from Liverpool Life.

Please note that it is unlikely that an employer, educational institution or immigration agency will accept a transcript in this format as supporting documentation.

Official academic interim transcripts 

Official University interim transcripts (transcripts that are available before you graduate) are produced on bespoke paper with enhanced security features. Interim transcripts are not available in the weeks immediatey prior to graduation ceremonies as you will receive your e-HEAR electronically one week after you have graduated. 

Transcripts are produced according to strict guidelines set out by NARIC and the Europe Unit of Universities UK.  For these reasons, it is not possible for students to request additional information to be included on their official transcript.

Ordering official transcripts 

Official transcripts can be prepared for you at any time. However, if you are due to graduate and order a transcript before the ceremonies take place, it will not include the marks for your final year.

If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate taught student expected to graduate in December 2019 the last date to order transcripts is Friday 15 November 2019. Any orders received after this date will be automatically refunded as all graduates will receive an electronic HEAR. All postgraduate research students will continue to receive a Diploma Supplement at the point of graduation.

There is a charge of twenty pounds sterling (£20.00) for the first copy and five pounds (£5.00) for every additional copy requested at the same time. You can order as many as you need, and they can be sent to any address.  The fee covers the cost of standard mail/airmail, although you may request your documents to be delivered by DHL courier at a charge of ten pounds (£10.00) for a UK address, fifteen pounds (£15.00) for an EU address and twenty pounds (£20.00) for the rest of the world per consignment.

Please note the following:

  • For older awards, the University is unable to guarantee that a complete set of module and mark data has been retained in its records.
  • Students who have graduated since July 2016 cannot order an official academic transcript. Any student who has graduated since July 2016 will receive an electronic Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) following graduation.  For further information please visit our HEAR web pages. 
  • Those ordering documentation for two separate awards (e.g. a BA and an MA) will need to pay the full charge of £20.00 for each.
  • Your transcript will reflect your registration at the time you place your order.  For example, if you place an order to the start of a new session, your modules for that session may not be included.  If your transcript requires these, you should wait to order your transcript once the new session has commenced.

All documents must be ordered and paid for by credit or debit card using our online payment service.

The following products are available: 

Product Cost
Official Academic Transcript £20.00
Additional Official Academic Transcripts £5.00 per copy
DHL Delivery

£10.00 (UK address)

£15.00 (EU address)

£20.00 (Rest of the world)

Example Order (1):

If you require 3 copies of your transcript to be sent via DHL courier, you would order the following products and quantities: 

Product Cost Qty
Official Academic Transcript £20.00  1
Additional Official Academic Transcripts £5.00


DHL Delivery (UK address) £10.00 1
Total £40.00  

Example Order (2):

If you require only 1 copy to be sent via normal first class post, you would place the following order: 

Product Cost Qty
Official Academic Transcript  £20.00  1
Total £20.00  

After adding your products to your shopping basket, you will be asked to provide the following information:

  • Your full name at the time of your study
  • Student ID number (if known)
  • Date of birth
  • Date of award (month and year)
  • Type of degree (e.g. BA, MSc, PhD)
  • Classification attained (if applicable)
  • Programme title (e.g. Business Studies, Geography)
  • Address for documentation to be sent

Your documents will be prepared and dispatched as per your instructions, normally within thirty working days following the placement of the online order. Please note that during certain periods of peak activity (e.g. registration in September/October and graduation in July and December), you may experience some delay in this regard.

Frequently Asked Questions...

Q. Which credit/debit cards are accepted on the online payment service?

A. The University accepts all major UK credit and debit cards.

Q. Can I order documents if I have owe outstanding programme fees to the University?

A. If you owe outstanding programme fees we will not prepare your documents until your account has been cleared.  We will always inform you if there is a problem with your account.

Q. Can my documentation be sent to diffferent addresses if I order more than one copy?

A. Yes. If you require documents to be sent to different addresses, please send a follow-up email requesting this to

Q. How will my documentation be posted?

A. All documentation will be sent by standard mail/airmail.  You may request for your documents to be sent by DHL courier at a charge of ten pounds (£10.00) for a UK address, fifteen pounds (£15.00) for an EU address and twenty pounds (£20.00) for the rest of the world per consignment.  If you are making this request, you should indicate in the 'Special Instructions' field on the online payment service which documents you would like despatched using DHL.

Q. Can I place an order for documentation via telephone or in person?

A. We regret that this service is no longer available.  We will of course be happy to deal with any queries that you may have via the following contact details:

In person or via post:

Student Administration Centre 

By telephone on +44(0)151 794 6758/6759

By fax on +44 (0)151 794 2041

By email on