A transcript is your academic history. It lists the titles and marks of the modules you studied in each academic year. It gives your period of registration as a student, your degree award date and your degree classification. You may need your transcript for employment, further education or immigration purposes.
For older awards, the University is unable to guarantee that a complete set of module and mark data has been retained.
Unofficial academic transcripts
Students can print an unofficial copy of their transcript at any point during their registration. This facility is available at any time from Liverpool Life.
Please note that it is unlikely that an employer, educational institution or immigration agency will accept a transcript in this format as supporting documentation.
Official academic interim transcripts
Official University interim transcripts (transcripts that are available before you graduate) are currently produced as a PDF document in a secure format, which can be shared with any third party of your choosing. Interim transcripts are not available in the weeks immediately prior to graduation ceremonies as you will receive your e-HEAR electronically one week after you have graduated.
Transcripts are produced according to strict guidelines set out by NARIC and the Europe Unit of Universities UK. For these reasons, it is not possible for students to request additional information to be included on their official transcript.
Ordering official transcripts
If you owe outstanding programme fees we will not prepare your documents until your account has been cleared. We will always inform you if there is a problem with your account.
Official transcripts can be prepared for you at any time. However, if you are due to graduate and order a transcript before the ceremonies take place, it will not include the marks for your final year.
If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate taught student expected to graduate in December 2020 the last date to order transcripts is Friday 27 November 2020. Any orders received after this date will not be processed as all graduates will receive an electronic HEAR. All postgraduate research students will continue to receive a Diploma Supplement at the point of graduation.
- If you are a current student and wish to request your official transcript please access the Student Administration Helpdesk portal and submit the following request form.
- If you graduated during or after December 2018, please access the Graduation Documents Portal for your e-HEAR.
- If you graduated prior to July 2016 and require a transcript, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your full name at the time of your study
- Student ID number (if known)
- Date of birth
- Date of award (month and year)
- Type of degree (e.g. BA, MSc, PhD)
- Classification attained (if applicable)
- Programme title (e.g. Business Studies, Geography)
There is currently no charge for the production of your electronic transcript. The PDF document will be emailed to your University email address, if you are a current student, to ensure additional security measures are upheld. If you are a graduate, we will email your document to the email address requested.
We regret that that orders for documentation can no longer be taken over the telephone.
Please note the following when requesting your documents:
- For older awards, the University is unable to guarantee that a complete set of module and mark data has been retained in its records.
- Students who have graduated since July 2016 cannot order an official academic transcript. Any student who has graduated since July 2016 will receive an electronic Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) following graduation. For further information please visit our HEAR web pages.
- Your transcript will reflect your registration at the time you place your order. For example, if you place an order to the start of a new session, your modules for that session may not be included. If your transcript requires these, you should wait to order your transcript once the new session has commenced.
Your electronic documents will be prepared and emailed as detailed above, normally within fourteen working days following the placement of the order. Please note that during certain periods of peak activity (eg registration in September/October and graduation in July and December), you may experience some delay in this regard.
Back to: Graduation