How to apply
If you are interested in working on some of the most advanced R&D challanges in Big Data Science, then a PhD within LIVDAT might be right for you. We expect to have several fully-funded PhD studentships starting in 2019, which include a stipend to support your living expenses.
Projects will be offered in all LIVDAT work packages and include for example:
- Performance optimisation of accelerators using machine learning techniques (Prof CP Welsch, Dr J Resta-Lopez)
- Flavour violating muon decays in Mu3e experiment (Dr N Rompotis)
- Machine Learning Algorithms:From GPU to FPGA to ASIC (Prof T Bowcock)
- Sterile Neutrino Search at the Fermilab Short-Baseline Neutrino (SBN) programme (Prof C Andreopoulos, Dr O Palamara)
- Application of quantum-annealer-based machine learning algorithms to event reconstructions in nobel liquids for DM and neutrino experiments (Dr S Burdin, Prof C Andreopoulos)
Prospective students should apply via the following link for projects at The University of Liverpool. Please indicate the specific project and/or LIVDAT scientific work package you would like to apply for; this helps identify projects that are best suited for your research interests. However, general applications will also be considered.
Applications for 2019 projects are now open. Most funded positions are available to UK and European applicants. However, we welcome and encourage applications from all parts of the world. All projects will require a contribution to teaching as part of the training programme.