How to apply
If you are interested in working on some of the most advanced R&D challanges in Big Data Science, then a PhD within LIVDAT might be right for you. We expect to have around ten fully-funded PhD studentships starting in 2018, which include a stipend to support your living expenses.
Projects will be offered in all LIVDAT work packages and include for example:
- Search for dark photons decaying to muons or electrons in Higgs decays at ATLAS - position filled;
- Search for a Higgs Boson decaying to invisible particles with the ATLAS experiment - position filled;
- Pulse shape analysis algorithms for decay spectroscopy of short-lived nuclei - position filled;
- Betatron Radiation from Underdense Plasma - position filled;
- Dielectric laser acceleration of relativistic beams - position filled;
- Axion searches in rare Higgs decays at ATLAS - position filled;
- Advanced optics concepts for HLLHC - position filled;
Prospective students should apply via the following link for projects at The University of Liverpool. Please indicate the specific project and/or LIVDAT scientific work package you would like to apply for; this helps identify projects that are best suited for your research interests. However, general applications will also be considered.
Applications for 2018 projects are now open. Most funded positions are available to UK and European applicants. However, we welcome and encourage applications from all parts of the world. All projects will require a contribution to teaching as part of the training programme.