Study with us and benefit from the teaching and supervision of experts at the forefront of veterinary science, medical sciences and the life sciences.
We provide a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing professional development opportunities, emphasising research-informed teaching by international experts. With campuses in Liverpool and Leahurst, we have created an environment of ‘learning through doing’.
Our School of Veterinary Science offers innovative education and research opportunities, featuring working farms and hospitals.
The School of Life Sciences covers various fields in biology and biomedical sciences. Drawing on rich and illustrious history, the School of Medicine trains doctors using cutting-edge technology and clinical expertise for future leaders
- Biological Sciences (Evolution, Ecology and Behaviour) MPhil / PhD
- Critical Care MPhil / PhD / MD
- Food Security MPhil / PhD
- Immunology MPhil / PhD / MD
- Infection and Global Health (Medical) MPhil / PhD / MD
- Infection and Global Health (Veterinary) MPhil / PhD / MD
- Infectious Diseases MPhil / PhD / MD
- Medical Microbiology MPhil / PhD / MD
- Medical Parisitology MPhil / PhD / MD
- Neurological Science MPhil / PhD / MD
- Vaccinology MPhil / PhD / MD
- Veterinary Epidemiology MPhil / PhD
- Veterinary Microbiology MPhil / PhD
- Veterinary Parasitology MPhil / PhD
- Veterinary Pathology MPhil / PhD
- Veterinary Virology
- Veterinary Virology MPhil / PhD
- Virology MPhil / PhD / MD
Our teaching ethos
We aim to deliver innovative and student-centred teaching that is underpinned by current research and clinical practice and delivered by talented and enthusiastic educators, practicing clinicians and experts. Methods of teaching and assessment are designed to realistically reflect the demands of clinical practice and the professional workplace in order to maximise the employability of our students.
Our learning community
Our students originate from a diverse range of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We value the wealth of experience, skills and knowledge that diversity brings to the experience of staff and students at the University. We aim for our students to develop a sense of identity and pride in their chosen profession and work hard to ensure that students enjoy every aspect of their experience with us.
Support and wellbeing
The wellbeing of our staff and students is our top priority. We have in place a range of mechanisms to ensure early identification of issues and ease of access to support when needed. Each of our undergraduates are assigned a personal academic advisor to meet with at regular intervals and we operate a range of successful peer mentoring and peer learning initiatives.