The following are key documents that explain the University's purpose and values, its powers and regulations and how decisions are made.
The Charter and Statutes are the ‘top level’ of the University’s statutory framework and embody the principles governing the University’s work and activities. Any changes which the University wishes to make require the approval of the Privy Council.
Beneath the Charter and Statutes are the Ordinances. These provide more detail on the regulation of matters covered by the Charter and Statutes and contain provisions relating to matters which are not covered in the Charter and Statutes. Amendments to the Ordinances are approved by Council.
Other Governing Documents
- Scheme of Delegation
- Committee Terms of Reference
- Ethical Investment Policy
- University of Liverpool Investments 2022
- Policy and Code of Practice Regarding Freedom of Speech
- Statement of Policy and Procedure on Disclosure of Interest
Strategy and Performance