Student Experience: Internal Student Awards under my Tutorship
• Seven Construction Detailing awards
• Eleven Environmental Design awards
• Three times winners of the top thesis prize – the Reilly Gold Medal:
2012 - Ben Devereau, Elfie The
2014 - Pritpal Chana, Emma Smith, Katie Hope
2016 - Jack Ford, Jon Evans, Rebecca Platt, Tom Ford
International Student Awards for Design Projects under my Tutorship
The following international students were tutored by myself and recognised in open competition for International Architectural design for undergraduate projects:-
Winners: Curved Timber Profile, Interior Design Competition 1990 – BA2.
Commended: Glasgow Tower Competition 1991 – J McPhillips.
Commended: Glasgow School of Art, ‘Interact’ competition, top six place – Matt Clare.
Commended: Forum America International Competition, 1994 (top six place) – Brian Woodruff (Washington University).
Joint 1st prize: M Cattalan: Dublin International Interact Competition for the design of a National Performing Arts Centre 1998.
First Annual Bowman Design Forum Awards : Kansas State University, USA.
Two Top Five Awards 2000 – E Jorgensen, G Smith.
First Prize: Architect and MIT Media Club computer clubhouse competition, Kenya – Edward Calver, Richard Charles-Jones and Timothy Barnard.
Runner-up Prize: Corus British Steel Design Award for best use of steel structure in a building design – (international award) open worldwide to all Schools of Architecture – Simon Hinton BA3, July 2004.
Commended: Architects Journal Forgotten Spaces - Charlotte Marshall
Winner: 3D Reid/Architects Journal - Ben Devereau
Winner: Architecture Workshop of Rome - Ben Devereau
Runner-up: One Competition - Ben Devereau.
Shortlisted: Aecom Urban SOS - Ben Devereau.
Shortlisted: Archprix International - Ben Devereau
Shortlisted: Foundation Jaques Rougerie - Ben Devereau
RIBA constructing communities award:
(Winning thesis proposal to be built)
Richard Timmins. Alex Bullen, Faye Ambrose, Matthew Waddelow
RIBA Presidents Medals – International design awards:-
Bronze Medal BA (Third Year Students)
Commended 1997 - Jean Kye Lee
Runner-up prize 1998 - P Chan
1st prize - Sergeant Prize for drawing 1998 - P Chan
Commended 1998 – Mirko Cattelan
Silver Medal MArch (Fifth Year Students)
Shortlisted 2010: John Carroll
Shortlisted 2011: Elfie Chan
YOUNG ARCHITECT OF THE YEAR AWARD 1998 Runner-up: Jai Lee, P Archer
YOUNG ARCHITECT OF THE YEAR AWARD 2006 First Prize: Patrick Lynch
Other Personal Distinctions
- ACSA Award for Collaborative Design USA (Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA), 2003)
- Brickwork Development Agency Northwest Brickwork Design Award (Brickwork Development Agency, 1992)
- British Gas Premier Housing Award for Energy Efficiency (British Gas, 1990)
- Concrete Society High Commendation Award (Concrete Society, 1986)
- International Council of Shopping Centres European Shopping Centre Award (International Council of Shopping Centres, 1985)
- National Civic Trust Award (National Civic Trust , 1985)