Basic / translational research:
• Investigation of local brain invasion by cerebral metastases
• Histopathology factors related to early recurrence in atypical meningioma
Clinical outcomes research:
• Quality of life and cognitive function in patients with incidental meningioma and those undergoing surgical resection of intracranial meningioma
• Radiation versus Observation following surgical resection of Atypical Meningioma: a randomised controlled trial (The ROAM Trial)
• The British Antibiotic and Silver Impregnated Catheters for ventriculoperitoneal Shunt multi-centre randomised controlled trial (The BASICS Trial)
• Ketogenic diets as an adjuvant therapy in glioblastoma (The KEATING Trial)
- Invasion of brain metastases
- Biology of oligodendrogliomas: correlation between molecular pathology, proteome and magnetic resonance imaging.
Professor H Rees
Proteomic analysis of glioma cell lines and investigation of protein changes following radiotherapy using Differential In Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE). Application of DIGE to glioma biopsy samples and investigation of protein differences related to the core and edge of brain tumours.