Dr Liptrott contributes to a number of undergraduate, and postgraduate, modules and courses across Health & Life Science; these modules are listed below. In addition to his teaching role, on these courses, he is also the Nanomedicine strand convenor for the Biomedical Sciences and Translational Medicine MRes programme here at UoL.
His group also, regularly, hosts visiting researchers for collaborative projects. In 2018, he was awarded a Certificate in Professional Studies in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (Liverpool), and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Biocompatibility of advanced therapeutics, biomaterials, and complex medicines
- Background on nanomaterial classes and the benefits of nanoformulation.
- Impact of nanoformulation on material properties.
- Interaction of nanomaterials with biological systems.
- Relationships between nanoparticle characteristics and biological effect.
- Complications and considerations investigating nanomaterials.
Immunotoxicology, nanotoxicology, biocompatibility
Molecular Techniques for the Life Sciences
- Application of PCR in genetic testing, infectious disease, and research and development
- Variants of PCR (real-time, endpoint etc.)
- Experimental Design
Structure-activity relationships (SAR)
Understanding of the quantitative aspects of drug action on cellular receptors. Addressing the relationship between drug efficacy and chemical structure, and how we may quantify the impact of molecular changes on drug action.