I am currently employed as a Senior Lecturer in the MRC funded Centre for Drug Safety Science at the University of Liverpool. The main focus of my research group is investigation and definition of the relationship between the chemistry of antigen formation and the mechanisms by which this leads to an aberrant T-cell-mediated immune response in man. My research group is composed of 2 post-doctoral research fellows, 6 PhD students and 1 research technician. The research carried out in my laboratory adds an extra dimension to the on-going research in the Centre for Drug Safety Science, which is directed by Professor B. Kevin Park.
• Position Held – Senior Lecturer in Pharmacology, The University of Liverpool
• Research Group – 2 post-doctoral research fellow, 6 PhD students, 1 research technicians
• Research Areas – (1) Investigation of the cellular mechanisms of hypersensitivity reactions to drugs and chemicals. (2) Definition of the mechanism(s) by which drugs interact with immune cells. (3) Evaluation of the T-cell stimulatory capacity of peptide vaccines under development for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. Published over 65 peer-reviewed articles in international recognized journals including Molecular Pharmacology, The Journal of Immunology and Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
• Prizes – Awarded 13 prizes for achievements in research and academia, including, the British Toxicology Society Young Investigator award in 2003, the British Pharmacological Society Bill Bowman Travelling Lectureship in 2005 & the ISSX New Investigator Award in 2009.
• Invitations to speak – Invited to present a research paper at 40 national or international meetings
Prizes or Honours
- BPS Novartis prize in Pharmacology (British Pharmacology Society, 2012)
- Chemical Research in Toxicology Young Investigator Award (the ACS Publications journal Chemical Research in Toxicology in collaboration with the ACS Division of Chemical Toxicology, 2011)
- The ISSX European New Investigator Award & the ESBP Founders Lecture in Honour of Karl Netter (ISSX, 2009)
- Bill Bowman Travelling Lecturer (British Pharmacological Society , 2005)