Sustainability features at Greenbank Student Village
- BREEAM Excellent building
- CHP Energy Centre and Heat Network
- Bat roosts within the fabric of new residential buildings
- Bespoke “bat hotel” and bat boxes in surrounding trees
- Home to a badgers set, nesting buzzards and supports woodpeckers, blackbirds, finches, and species of tits
- Trees such as beech, ash, larch, yew and oak.
The Masterplan Estate Strategy 2026+ reviews and rationalises the University estate through a combination of aims related to quality, efficiency, functional suitability and sustainability. All new builds aim to achieve BREEAM Excellent standards for sustainable construction.
Back to: Sustainability