Dr. Ahmed Al-Abdin is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Marketing and Director of Studies for BA Marketing & BA Marketing with a year in industry. He has completed his PhD in Marketing (University of Hull) with a focus on consumption practices and the Arab revolutions. He also holds an MSc in Marketing Management and a BA in Business.
Additionally, he has been awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Research Training and most recently, a PGCERT (with distinction) in teaching and learning (2017). He has taught across a multiplicity of marketing modules, is a fellow member of the Higher Education Academy and he has most recently been awarded The Guild Students Union 'Outstanding Support Award' (2021) for the University of Liverpool and shortlisted for 'Teacher of the Year' (2021). He was also awarded 'Teacher of the Year in 2019 and a learning and teaching award (2019); both for the Faculty of the Humanities and Social Sciences. He is also the holder of a British Academy of Management early career education practice award and several others including the early career teacher of the year (2015-2016) and teaching excellence (2016-2017, 2017-2018), Faculty learning and teaching award (2019), and The Guild Teacher of the year (2019) awards. Moreover, he has published in the Journal of Business Research, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Service Research, Tourism Management, Annals of Leisure Research including many others, and is a reviewer for several journals (including the Journal of Business Research, European Management Journal and Marketing Intelligence and Planning). His research interests are concentrated in the areas of Branding, Consumer Research, Consumption in Emerging Economies and Vulnerable/war torn societies, Pedagogic Research, Health Services Research and Systematic Reviews.
Prizes or Honours
- Outstanding Support Award (Liverpool Guild of Students (students union)- University of Liverpool, 2021)
- Shortlisted for the Teacher of the Year Award (2021) (Liverpool Guild of Students (University of Liverpool), 2021)
- Teaching Excellence Award (University of Liverpool Management School, 2019)
- Teacher of the Year (The Guild Students Union- University of Liverpool, 2019)
- Learning and Teaching Award- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (University of Liverpool, 2019)
- Shortlisted for Research Impact of the Year Award with Prof. Philippa Hunter-Jones & Dr. Lynn Sudbury-Riley (University of Liverpool, 2018)
- British Academy of Management Education Practice Award (British Academy of Management, 2018)
- Teaching Excellence Award (University of Liverpool , 2018)
- Teaching Excellence Award (University of Liverpool , 2017)
- Early Career Teacher of the Year Award 2015-2016 (University of Liverpool , 2016)