I am a Senior Lecturer in Law and Associate Dean (Education) in the School of Law & Social Justice at the University of Liverpool. Prior to this I was a Research Associate at the Centre for Social Ethics and Policy, led by Professors Margaret Brazier and Soren Holm (University of Manchester, 2008-11); a Research Fellow at the Institute of Science Ethics and Innovation, led by Nobel Laureate Sir John Sulston and Professor John Harris (2011-2012); and a Family Law Lecturer (University of Manchester, 2012-2013). I was called to the Bar in 2003, having won a prestigious £10,000 scholarship from the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
I currently supervise a number of PhD students and am happy to supervise doctoral research within my expertise.
I am a member of the International Advisory Board on an exciting research project "Ice Age: Entangled Lives, Times and Ethics in Fertility Preservation" funded by the Danish Research Council.
I am also a co-editor of the Medical Law International alongside two of my esteemed colleagues Dr Paula Case and Professor Marie Fox.
- Teacher of the Year (Liverpool Guild of Students 2015)
- Scholarship (The Honorable Inner Temple Inns of Court 2002)
- Associate Dean (Education)
- Director of the Health Law & Regulation Unit
- Member of the University’s Board of Discipline
- Senior Tutor (2013-2017)
- Member of the School of Law RKE Committee