After completing degrees at Cambridge, Leiscester, and Hull universities, I joined the English Department at Liverpool in 1977 and have been teaching here ever since.
My main areas of research are:
Cold War culture and spy fiction.
The interface between fiction and film.
I welcome research enquiries in all these fields.
- 'Seven Days to Noon' and the Nuclear Threat (Invitation to Speak, Liverpool University 2010)
- Plenary address (Invitation to Speak, University of Pamukkale 2010)
- keynote address (Invitation to Speak, Cardiff uUniversity 2009)
- Conference Paper (Invitation to Speak, University of East Anglia 2008)
- Chair of English Boaard of Studies.
- Deputy Head of English
- Department representative on RKE Committee