Dr Angel Garcia-Fernandez
Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- +44 (0)151 795 7469 Ext. 7469
- Work email Angel.Garcia-Fernandez@liverpool.ac.uk
- Personal Websitehttps://github.com/Agarciafernandez
Ángel F. García-Fernández received the telecommunication engineering degree (with honours) and the Ph.D. degree from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain, in 2007 and 2011, respectively.
He is currently a Lecturer in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics at the University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK. He previously held postdoctoral positions at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden, Curtin University, Perth, Australia, and Aalto University, Espoo, Finland. His main research activities and interests are in the area of Bayesian inference, with emphasis on dynamic systems and multiple target tracking.
Prizes or Honours
- Second best paper award for the paper "An analysis on metric-driven multi-target sensor management: GOSPA versus OSPA" (24th International Conference on Information Fusion, 2021)
- Third Best paper award for the paper "Spooky effect in optimal OSPA estimation and how GOSPA solves it" (22nd International Conference on Information Fusion, 2019)
- Best paper award for the paper "Generalized optimal sub-pattern assignment metric" (20th International Conference on Information Fusion, 2017)