Gita has a BSC in Chemical Engineering and a PhD in Chemistry. She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. She is engaged in pedagogical research and teaching & learning innovation for chemistry undergraduate programmes. She was awarded HEA funding to perform research in the areas of internationalisation, peer assisted learning and pre lab activities. As a result, she implemented a framework to enhance integration between home and international students in the Chemistry Department. Also, she implemented pre lab activities across our first and second year undergraduate lab courses. She coordinates the peer assisted learning/peer mentoring scheme in the Department to support first year and international students. She won the Faculty of Science & Engineering Teaching & Learning Award due to her contributions to the teaching and learning undergraduate students.
- Senior Fellowship (Higher Education Academy 2014)
- Teaching & Learning Award (Faculty of Science and Engineerin, University of Liverpool 2014)
- Member of School of Physical Sciences Equality and Diversity Group, Athena Swan
- A member of Staff and Student Wellbeing Group at University of Liverpool
- Internationalisation (undergraduate) Coordinator in the Department of Chemistry
- Peer Assisted Learning/Mentoring Coordinator in the Department of Chemistry
- Member of RSC Maths Streering Group