Daveed completed his PhD at the University of Manchester with the thesis title "The Effects of Future Climate Change and Near-Extreme Weather on Office Buildings in the UK". His work includes the analyses of future weather data for the UK, under various scenarios, for the time-slices 2020s, 2050s and 2080s; the downscaling of daily weather data to hourly data and computer modelling of building performances and heating and cooling demand for office buildings in the UK. After the completion of his PhD, he managed the distance learning MSc programme in Sustainable Electrical Building Services Engineering at the University of Manchester, as the Programme Manager.
David's first degree was in Architecture from the University of Bath, and he has spent a few years working in architect's offices in Hong Kong and also a year in France as part of the course.
After gaining this degree, he then did a second undergraduate degree in Building Services Engineering at UMIST, where he got a First Class Honours Degree in 2001 together with several prizes including the MANWEB/NORWEB Prize for Top Student, the Charles Kay Prize, the Building Prize and also the Course Prize.
Before coming to Liverpool, he has taught and conducted research at Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Nottingham Ningbo China. He was also a visiting lecturer at the University of Manchester and the University of Bath.
Daveed is a registered chartered engineer through the Engineering Council UK, as well as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and members of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the American Society of Heating and Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), as well as the secretary for the CIB (International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction) working commission W108 (Climate Change and the Built Environment).
- Keynote Speaker (Keynote Speech, Technology Training Centre of the Architecture Institute of China 2013)
- Keynote Speaker (Keynote Speech, the HVAC Committee of China building energy efficiency Association 2012)
- Keynote Speaker (Keynote Speech, by the Refrigeration Association of the Zhejiang Province and the Student Affairs Committee 2011)
- Keynote Speaker (Keynote Speech, Ningbo Housing and Urban-Rural Development Committee 2010)
- Keynote Speaker (Keynote Speech, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China 2010)
- MANWEB / NORWEB Prize (Prize, MANWEB plc / NORWEB plc 2001)
- Charles Kay Prize (Prize, UMIST 2001)
- Course Prize (Prize, UMIST 2001)
- Building Prize (Prize, Building Magazine 2001)
- Course Prize (Prize, UMIST 2000)
- Mitsubishi Electric Environmental Scholarships (Prize, Mitsubishi Electric Limited 2000)
- MANWEB / NORWEB Prize (Prize, MANWEB plc / NORWEB plc 2000)