I am Professor of neuroimaging and neuroscience in the Institute of Systems, Molecular and Integrative Biology (ISMIB), University of Liverpool. My main research interests are the use of advanced quantitative neuroimaging techniques, mainly magnetic resonance imaging, to understand aberrant brain mechanisms in neurological disorders, help improve imaging diagnostic accuracy and identify reliable imaging prognostic markers of medical and neurosurgical treatment. Epilepsy in particular is of primary interest.
I am Director of the Brain Research using Advanced Imaging in Neurology (BRAIN) lab.
More information can be found in the link above.
Prizes or Honours
- ILAE Europe Young Investigator (International League Against Epilepsy, 2022)
- ILAE Europe Young Investigator 2022 (International League Against Epilepsy, 2022)
- Elected Fellow of the Anatomical Society (Anatomical Society, 2018)
- Conference award (European Congress for Epileptology, 2016)
- Honorary Lecturer (Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, 2013)
- Travel Fellowship (Guarantors of Brain , 2012)
- Visiting research project award (SYNTHESYS & Royal Museum of Central Africa, 2011)
- Best Journal Article (Journal of Anatomy, 2009)
- Travel Fellowship (Guarantors of Brain , 2009)
- Travel Fellowship (Guarantors of Brain , 2008)
- Conference abstract award (International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2004)
- Postgraduate Research Award (Epilepsy Action, 2003)
- Travel Fellowship (Organisation of Human Brain Mapping, 2001)