Fabio Miyajima is an Investigator and Lead Scientist of the MRC Programme in Clostridium difficile infection (Department of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology) and Honorary Research Scientist at the Liverpool Clinical Laboratories, Royal Liverpool Hospital. With a background that includes health sciences and molecular epidemiology, FM has accrued over 10 years experience with population and clinical-translational research. He has been member of the Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine since its establishment in 2009. FM has developed a number of custom methods for the screening of biomarkers (nucleic acids and proteins) and contributed for the standarsidation of a number of investigative methods, some of them routinely used by the NHS (Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen Hospitals). He has previously worked as a Postdoc under the Liverpool Biomedical Research Centre (Safety Theme) between 2008-2012 and has been successful in coordinating research initiatives with both hospitals and academia in the UK and abroad (Flexibility and Sustainability Fund, MRC Programme Grant, Science without Borders scheme/Brazil). FM is also a Visiting Lecturer at the Federal University of Mato Grosso and has also an honorary affiliation with the University of Sao Paulo (Brazil).
Prizes or Honours
- Conference Award (International Clostridium difficile Symposium, 2012)
- Conference Award (European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease, 2012)
- BRC Travel Award (Liverpool Biomedical Research Centre, 2011)
- BRC Travel Award (Liverpool Biomedical Research Centre, 2010)
- Poster Competition - NIHR Trainees Conference (National Institute for Health Research, 2009)