Successful candidates will receive a fee reduction of £5,000.
The competition is open to all students who have applied for a relevant History programme and will commence study in the forthcoming academic year.
Relevant programmes are:
- Archives MRes
- Archives and Records Management MARM/PGDipARM
- Archives and Records Management (International Pathway) MARMI
- History MRes
- History: Cultural History MA
- History: Eighteenth-Century Worlds MA
- History: Medieval and Renaissance Studies MA
- History: Twentieth-Century History MA
- International Slavery Studies MA
These scholarships are intended to fund a student who does not yet possess a postgraduate qualification (MA/MRes/MSc, PhD or equivalent). Applicants who already hold a postgraduate-level qualification will be ineligible for funding.
You should not be in possession of any other bursary, award or scholarship awarded by the University of Liverpool. This excludes the Postgraduate Progression Award, which is an automatic fee reduction for students who have completed previous undergraduate study at the University of Liverpool and can be combined with this scholarship.
To apply for these scholarships please provide:
- A CV
- An updated copy of your academic transcripts (this is particularly important for candidates from outside the University of Liverpool)
- A supporting statement of no more than 200 words that explains:
- your interest and experience in this subject area
- your reasons for choosing this particular programme
- your future aim or career plan
- how the programme of study enables you to achieve this
- why you should be considered for the scholarship.
- Please also indicate if you are applying for any other bursary, award or scholarship offered by the University of Liverpool.
The award will be assessed on the basis of academic merit. Please note, with four scholarships available, only students who have achieved (or anticipate achieving) a First-Class undergraduate degree (or equivalent) are likely to be able to submit a competitive application.
For consideration, applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please give the subject line of your email as 'History PGT scholarship application'.
Application deadline: TBD
Back to: Paying for your studies