The successful candidate will receive a one-off fee reduction of £4,000.
The competition is open to all students who have applied for the Egyptology MA programme by 3 July and commence study in the 2023/24 academic year.
These scholarships are intended to fund a student who does not yet possess a postgraduate qualification (MA/MRes/MSc, PhD or equivalent).
You should not be in possession of any other bursary, award or scholarship awarded by the University of Liverpool. This excludes the Postgraduate Progression Award, which is an automatic fee reduction for students who have completed previous undergraduate study at the University of Liverpool and can be combined with this scholarship.
How to apply
To apply for the Rankin scholarships in Egyptology please provide:
- A CV
- An updated copy of your academic transcripts (this is particularly important for candidates from outside the University of Liverpool)
- A statement of no more than 500 words outlining:
- Your research proposal
- your experience in this subject area
- your reasons for choosing this particular programme
- your future aim or career plan
- how the programme of study enables you to achieve this
- why you should be considered for the scholarship.
- Please also indicate if you are applying for any other bursary, award or scholarship offered by the University of Liverpool.
The award will be assessed on the basis of academic merit. Please note, with one scholarship available, only students who have achieved (or anticipate achieving) a First-Class undergraduate degree (or equivalent) are likely to be able to submit a competitive application.
For consideration, applications must be submitted to the ACE Education Lead Roland Enmarch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give the subject line of your email as 'Rankin Egyptology scholarship application.
Application deadline: 1st July 2024
Back to: Paying for your studies